Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life

I just saw a picture of a guy hugging a monkey. It rekindled childhood desires of owning my own golden lion tamarin.

I also just started my campaign to have someone name their child after me. With as many friends as I have pregnant, and as gender-neutral of a name as mine, let's hope I have success. But Badgers, know that you are my top pick and the only couple I have personally (through your blog) asked. Oh, and it will also be royalty-free.

I haven't been posting much lately. I realized yesterday that I posted a lot last month, and not a lot this month. Then I got to wondering if my posting frequency is proportional to the lameness of my social life and inversely proportional to the number of friends I have living near me. Maybe. I looked back over the couple years of this blog and didn't see any patterns. Although I think my social life has been relatively stable, aside from moving across country. I was going to write some sentence comparing the move to Pittsburgh with the burning of a forest and the new growth allowed, but then I realized that would be like comparing my friends to old trees and imagining them on fire. Forget I thought of that analogy.

There have been several times I've been tempted to post, but am concerned at how public my blog is. At one point, I didn't like to it from my Facebook account. It is hard to balance the desire to be open and share thoughts with others, with the need to be sensitive and consider that I don't really know who is reading my blog. So... I don't know. I'll have to think about this one.

School is going great. I love it. I really do. I love learning to work, rather than learning to apply to dental school. It is so purposeful.

I am excited to call bingo at the old folks home and carve pumpkins tonight.

It is cold.

My roommate got teargassed last week. The following night I got a text from Pitt saying "The condition in Oakland may be deteriorating. Please stay nearby your residence." I got curious and went down to see the action. So I'm not sure if that message worked.

I need to go for my rotation in dental hygiene!

5 comments:

cindy said...

Haha, I loved your request on the blog. We'll take it into consideration...call us about the temple when you know for sure if you're going; we'd love to meet up with you.

I See Badgers said...

teargassed eh? what was going on? was it a riot against DC or Martha Stewart? those kinda things are inevitable, best to not look them in the eye.

Josh and Jenna Reynolds said...

Trying get someone to name their baby after you isn't a bad idea. Josh tried to get Ryan and Brienne to do that with Owen (obviously didn't work). But I'm curious, how is Gabe a gender neutral name? Unless you mean changing to Gabrielle, but then it's not really your name... Close enough?

shan1420 said...

I totally know the feeling of the balance between being open on your blog but not too open. It's a hard call. So I'm sorry I missed your call on dodger game night, I hope you had a great time!

Gabe said...

Jenna,
I know, sweet idea huh? I got one couple that said they would put it in the mix. Although that sounds like they are just appeasing me...

Uhm... Gabriel can be used as a girl's name to. You could also use Gabrielle. But heck, I get called Gah-bree-ell more than Gabriel anyway.