Friday, July 10, 2009

This Blogpost is about Nothing

Agh! I know I've had thoughts that I wanted to post but have just put it off until they disappear. Maybe I will just ramble.

The Army emailed me yesterday and I have to admit, doing the military thing for dentistry is really tempting at times. Especially with the whole 20k bonus thing. Agh! I don't think I will do it though. But man, is it tempting. I guess the main deterrent is the possibility of a year long deployment. But still, so tempting.

I am trying to decide whether to get PRK or LASIK or not. I think I am going to go forward and get PRK. Man, too many decisions in my life.

I leave for dental school in a month. At least, that is the plan now. Orientation starts on Aug 20 and so I think I am going to leave on Aug 10. Will that give me enough time to drive across country and spend a couple days in Chicago with my friend? Sheesh, this is a huge change! I don't know how I feel about it. Part of me is really exciting to take the next step in my life and actually be studying dentistry. The other part is scared and sad to leave my comfortable life here. But, it will be good to be back in Pennsylvania. There are tons of nice LDS dental students out there. They are mostly all married though so I know I'm not gonna be hanging out with most of them on the weekends.

But yeah, I am moving to Pittsburgh, and I looked at a lot of places further out from the school which were quieter and nice areas. This was more preparing for the possibility of if I moved out there married. But, I won't be, and so instead I am living with a 3rd year dental student named Sean. And to be honest, it isn't the nicest neighborhood. The street is a little run down, but the rent is right, Sean seems cool, and it is 1 block away from the school. So, I am excited for it. I am excited for the prospect of a new place, a new ward, a new experience.

2 comments:

Ant Quinn said...

I totally know what you're talking about with....umm... the bloggers block? Is that what you would call it? I always think of great things to blog about, but don't have the time, then I forget about it or it becomes irrelevant. Anyway, Sharon and I are excited we will be living in the same area as you again! Let's party like it's 1999....or something...

Dianey Face said...

I know you're excited for newness, as am I with my mission and stuff, but I have to say, I will miss you bigger than a big breadbox. :(