Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why I'm Smiling

On Tuesday Dr. Seligman spoke at the devotional about positive psychology, or focusing on how to help people life fulfilling lives rather than just focusing on how to solve psychological ills. He challenged us to write 3 good things that happened that day every night. So I've done it, and perhaps as a result I've been in a really positive mood. Here are some things that currently make me happy.
  • I just figured out why my blog compositions were displaying in HTML.
  • I'm doing some really exciting research on down syndrome, gene expression, and possible regulatory pathways that lead to craniofacial defects using mice that have been engineered to have down syndrome.
  • I had a really enjoyable conversation with my roommate Josh last night.
  • I overcame my fear (with help from Ben Murphy) and played a song at the open mic at Becky's party last night. Ben was a great encouragement. Thanks man!
  • I just sneezed like 5 times and I liked it.
  • I was productive today and got some good work done.
  • Biochemistry is a great class and despite studying 12 hours for this weeks test, I really enjoyed it. I think I did well.
  • I talked to Patrick today who is at the ASDA (American Student Dental Association) conference. He told me that next year's conference is in Pitt and he will be going. Woot woot!
  • We have our folk dance performance on Wednesday and we finished the dance. Although I have blisters on both big toes and I injured my partner Friday, I am still excited to perform. Hi Bethany!
  • My road bike and mountain bike are in good shape.
  • It is spring.
  • My friends are amazing.
  • In 3.5 weeks I will be a graduate!
  • The sunshine shooters rocked their game on Thursday. Yeah Shooters!
  • I only have two finals!
  • I love assisting at the dental clinic. This week was fun. I felt very useful taking x-rays.
  • Adam and I rocked out on Guitar Hero this week.
I don't know if I'm just trying to be more positive or not, but I have a lot to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Bethany Hull said...

Hi Gabe!

Dianey Face said...

Gracias por posting this. I'm excited to see your performance on Wednesday!