Monday, March 23, 2009

The problem with songs

The problem with getting your advice from songs is that they all tell you to do different things. Basically, there is a song for every choice in every possible romantic scenario.

Perhaps songs are only good for affirmation once a path has been chosen. If so, it is important to organize your songs in playlists with corresponding messages. That way you don't just choose decision X, listen to a song that says that X was the only way to go, and then have the next random song come on and talk about decision Y and how it is so good you didn't choose X.

1 comment:

Paul Epperson said...

I agree. Also, I have not yet been able to find a song that agrees with my feelings 100%. There are always parts that don't quite fit into my personal situation, but I'm just left to find the one that most closely aligns with the truth.