Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Twin? TWIN?? I've got half the mind to call the FTC on you... lousy bed industry.

This is my bed:

Today while purchasing a sheet set for it, I found out it was called a twin bed. Twin? Now, before I knew what it was called, I was fine with it. It's a small bed, that's what you get when you are a single student. But now I am outraged! Just what exactly does "twin" mean? I know that if I had a twin I couldn't sleep on that bed with him. Probably not even if we were conjoined or something weird like that. The only twins fitting on that bed together are... like baby twins. The straight-outta-the-womb type. And then I guess you could fit like 5 on it width-wise. Why don't they just call the bed a quintuplet then?... It's about as accurate of a description...

So that is it. I was happy in my ignorance. But now that I know that this whole "bed sizing" thing is a scam... I think I will fall asleep in tears of bitterness every night.

3 comments:

Dianey Face said...

You should see the quintuplet beds. They're actually smaller: slightly larger than the size of an average head. Why they don't call them "pillows" I'll never know.

Monica said...

Gabe, what you have there is actually a called a "cot". Like the ones at summer camp.

J. L. A. said...

Is your failure to update your blog indicative of your having important things to do?

My failure to update mine indicates precisely the opposite, oddly.