Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday's list

  • Abbie from Target is sending my $7 or so in vouchers to reimburse me for the 5 cans of orange juice I was dissatisfied with. Don't get orange juice from them, it has parts of the orange that aren't juicy... unless you are planning on calling them and getting your money back. Then I guess you would be getting free low quality juice. Maybe your into that type of stuff.
  • Thomas says fear of loss is 2.5 times a more motivating factor than the desire to gain.
  • I'm disappointed when my bank screws up with my trades. What do I get if I call and complain... coupons for free money? No. Just an apology.
  • Real life Gabe is living in Tuesday today, but academic Gabe is actually caught up till partway through the day Thursday. I hope to be in next Tuesday by the end of the day.
  • I see a fork in the road, and the roads diverge at a very obtuse angle. Very obtuse.
  • I found out yesterday that I can understand what I read, I just have to pay attention.
  • I think I'm burned out on politics.
  • I've taken more naps in the last month than I think I did all last calendar year. I believe it has really helped my productivity. Speaking of which, I am going to take 20 right now. Minutes, not naps.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I want a nap...

Morebadger said...

today I was going to run at 8am, but I decided to sleep until 10:15. It felt great, but I know that I need to be more productive with my mornings.

Keith said...

Hopefully academic Gabe is somewhere around Monday by now.

I think I just had a robot post a comment on my blog, because it came up seconds after I published the post, and it left links to a nasty site.

Curse the robots. They will not win.

Julina said...

I don't know who you are, but I'm attending BYU as well, which is why I stopped at your blog when I randomly came upon it. I just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed the few minutes I spent reading some of your posts. Very witty...

J. L. A. said...

Academic archiblog is still in the mid 1990s.

J. L. A. said...

Also--burned out? C'mon! It's just gettin' started for Pennsylvania Democrats like you and me. We're the most important voters in the nation, I reckon. Aren't you stoked that there will likely still be a competitive race on by the time we get to April 22? I'm sure the month and a half of smaller races can be ignored so you can be well-rested by the time PA gets interesting.