Sunday, February 24, 2008

Irrational Thoughts

Yesterday I was eating a delicious bowl of Ramen Noodles. I was also walking around wrapping up some loose ends in the complex. Anyway, at one point I realized I needed to put an appointment into my phone before I forgot. So as I stood on the second floor balcony, I precariously rested my bowl and spoon on the 1.25" wide railing. I distinctly remember thinking, "I sure hope we don't have an earthquake while I have my bowl resting there. It'd be toast."

What I found so amusing about that thought is that it honestly was a concern of mine. There really was a moment where the biggest concern I had with the prospect of an immenent earthquake was the possibility that it would break my bowl.

For further references to irrational thoughts, please see Adam's post

No comments: