Monday, February 25, 2008

Heisenberg was Wrong!

Actually, I don't think he was, that was just a grabber, and what reaches out and grabs you like a bold statement about quantum mechanics? But anyway, sometimes I find myself (okay, maybe two times... this morning and maybe some other time) sitting and thinking about Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. What am I thinking? Well I am thinking, okay yeah, Heisenberg said we couldn't both know the speed and the location of an electron at a moment, but maybe we will some day when technology gets better.

Now I don't understand Quantum Mechanics very well, but I am pretty sure Heisenberg was saying that it was impossible. And not just because we didn't have the technology at the time. Basically, I don't think we'll ever be able to do that. For some reason that is slightly disconcerting to me.

I hope that some day we can develop the technology to better police our electrons, even though Heisenberg is a naysayer. I also wish Heisenberg would stop hating on my optimism (even if it is a little unfounded).

No comments: