Monday, December 10, 2007

Living the dream...

Brother Reyes used that phrase in one of his testimonies this year. I found myself really impressed that he was really living the dream. As he described his life, he made it sound like there was nothing more he could wish for. I remember being amazed and sort of jealous. I also wondered if it was even possible to live the dream like Brother Reyes was.

I now know it is possible. This past week has been incredible. I don't know how to describe it. In fact, I feel silly trying to describe it because there isn't any one particular thing that has happened to make my life great. I happened... I happened to make my life great. Ever since I have decided to eliminate stress from my life and not get angry or be negative, I've been living a new life. I try to explain to people the significance of this last week in my life, and I don't think anyone really understands because, well... Imagine you were trying to climb over a brick wall, and the minute you crested the top of it you beheld a beautiful view. As much as you could try to describe it to others that were still trying to climb, you could never really impart to them the actual beauty you see. They have to be at that point themselves. There is no substitute for personal experience.

Anyway, life has been great. School is wrapping up. I have incredible friends. I have a great family. I have the cutest 4 boys as my nephews ever. I love dentistry and the idea that I will be doing it for the rest of my life. What else can I say? Last week was a turning point in my life. I sometimes catch myself getting negative, but I've made very significant strides to almost eliminating stress and negativity from my life. It is pretty much incredible.

1 comment:

Morebadger said...

livin' the dream...I can see that...when I took a moment to think about that I realized that I am too. I'm happy and there ya have it!