Thursday, March 22, 2007

Great Migration

I had this morning planned out perfectly before I set my head down last night. I was going to wake up, bike down the the plasma center at 8, donate till 9:30, do my reading outline for Molecular Bio till 11, and then kick it at the SAC carnival till class at 12...

At least that is how things were meant to go. This morning, however, I got out of the house aroudn 8:15. It was a nice enough day so I thought I'd go ahead with the bike ride to BioMedics. Funny, my bike wasn't in the normal place I lock it. Did someone steal it? No, I vaguely recalled biking up to campus earlier in the week yet I can't recollect biking back. I had left it on campus. "That's alright," I figured, "Jon got fired yesterday so I can probably use the car." It was then that I noticed that the car wasn't to be found either. Then I remembered... in my rush to go sit for Bishop's interviews yesterday I had driven up to campus and parked in an A lot. I went straight to the testing center after sitting and took a test till close, completely forgetting that I had driven. I walked home.

With that, I started in an immediate run towards campus. I thought A lots started to be enforced at 8. If that was the case, perhaps I could make it. I didn't want my third green slip at BYU. Halfway there I saw an A lot sign that told me they were enforced at 7. Crap! As I thought more about it, I became more convinced that it was probably a violation to park there overnight as well.

Sure enough, as I ran into the parking lot, I saw a sign showing that the lots were restricted starting at 7 in the morning. There was also a sign that said "No parking: 1AM to 5AM."

The best part though? No ticket. Whameee!

No comments: