Thursday, February 1, 2007

Trail of Tears

In consequence of my miserable walk to campus tomorrow, in particular that monstrous hill, I've considered renaming it the Trail of Tears. Okay, so maybe it isn't the most appealing title, but it sure is better than Rape Hill. I mean, I guess that's part of Rape Hill. Maybe there are only certain portions of that hill included in the Rape Hill title. I guess I'm not quite sure, and I doubt they have Rape Hill titled on the university campus maps. It will be a sad day if they ever do.

Anyway, that hill is ridiculous. I don't mind walking up the hill on a normal day. It's kinda nice, stretches out your legs. But how about walking on it when it is snowing? Time to hang it up. BYU grounds team, or whoever is in charge of it, somehow has the talent of shoveling it in just the right way so that instead of fluffy white snow that is annoying but allows you to get some traction, it is now a slick sheet of slush that effectively robs you of about 50% of your walking efficiency. I would much rather walk in snow than on slush. Oh well. Plus it also scares me when you're walking up that hill and someone in one of those BYU trucks comes cruising by on the bike side. Sure we've got a separater but still, I didn't see any pictures of a truck on the signs at the top or bottom of the hill.

So, even though I have yet to see blood in the snow on the south hill, I still propose a renaming from Rape Hill to Trail of Tears.

No comments: